Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Family

Everyone has a family, and they are all unique in their own way. My family has 4 sides- My mom's side, my dad's side, my step dad's side, and my dad's girlfriend's side. If you want to get really technical, it has 5 sides, but I don't know my biological father or any of his family.

My mom's side of the family is scattered across the Eastern have of the United States, but most of them live in Pennsylvania. Her mom lives in Pittsburgh, her dad and most of the rest of her family in Greenville, her sister in Florida, and her nephew [my favorite cousin on that side] in Kentucky. I don't get to see many of them that often, but we try to visit when we can. I saw my grandma, my grandpa, my uncle, and Lewis this summer, which is truly a record.
Lewis and Alexis '09
Lewis [10], Grandma, Me [5], Mariah [7]
Me and Mum


My dad's side is grouped in Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virignia, although I have 2 great-aunts that live in Florida. I see this side of the family the most, and all of the older members have been there for me since I was brought to Ohio. My mamaw and papaw Dillon moved to Circleville 3-4 years ago, but they lived 10 minutes away from where I used to live before that, so I saw them a lot. Before my sister was born, they had a big hand in raising me because my mamaw babysat me while my parents were at work. I found out that they weren't my biological grandparents when I was 11, but that didn't change anything, it only made them let me know how much they loved me more so. I love the way they handle this situation because it lets me have an idea of how it will be for my my three little cousins. Two years ago my aunt and uncle adopted three boys who had been mistreated and put in a foster home. They are some of the cutest children I have ever seen, and I don't just say that because I love them to death. While I was always babied by my mamaw because she only had 2 sons and always wanted a daughter, my papaw always wanted grandchildren in general and has been happier than I have seen him in years with the addition of three more. The weird part about the boys is is that they truly belong with us. The oldest, Isaiah, is a spitting image of my papaw when he was child. The 2nd oldest looks like my dad who is the oldest between him and my uncle. The youngest, who is my baby, looks like my uncle, only way cuter :D My aunt and uncle have adapted to being parents probably even better than my parents, lol.
Isaiah
Payden
Donovan
Donovan and Isaiah
Me and Isaiah
Me and Mamaw


My step mom's side of the family is basically my dad's side of the family for the way they've accepted my dad. Her parents could one day be like my grandparents, which I'm okay with. They're extremely nice and really fun to be around. They're funny and love to party with their friends, which is different from my grandparents, but not in a bad way. :)
Anne is technically not my step mom, but I wish she was. I love her so much, but I don't think she knows. She is the best choice my dad ever made, except for maybe my mom lol. Anne's amazing. She listens to a lot of the same music I do, loves the same brands I do, knows what I'm feeling when no one else seems to, accepts me no matter who I am, and was once even a part of the religion that I am. She's pregnant right now, and I couldn't be happier. We're both hoping for a girl, even though most of my family wants a boy. My dad wants to name the baby Leonidas if it's a boy, but she says I should just name it since I'd have better names. She's the only one that thinks Matthew Lucius is a great name, although she'd pick a different middle name for the baby since her friend's son is named Lucian. She's also the one who suggested the girl's middle name should be Marie because my great grandma's middle name was Marie, which is something I will always be thankful to her for, because it would mean so much to me if it was. So far we think it should be Emma Marie, but my dad doesn't like to agree with us on names XD Regardless of the name and gender, I can't wait for it to be born.
Anne
She doesn't like to take pics with her glasses or while smiling because of her teeth, but I snuck one because I think she's beautiful just the way she is. :)
Ultrasound of the baby <3
My dad

And for the hell of it, my new cousin :) My dad's 20 something year old cousin just had his first child. I think he's absolutely adorable [so it's a great thing he has that hat :D]
Zion Kirk <3



The final side of my family is my step dad's side. I don't really know anyone on his side, but they seem to know a lot about me. Most of his family lives in Mexico, their home country. When I say most, I literally mean most. The only family he has in the United States lives 5 minutes from us- his sister, her husband, and their 1 year old son. They visit often, so since Alberto moved in with us a year and a half ago, I've seen them more than anyone on my dad's side. Mari, his sister, knows a good amount of English, and is still learning more every day. Her husband Miguel knows barely any English, but is still able to talk to us. His younger sister in Mexico is taking English in school, but I still don't talk to her. She is 17, and I have only seen a picture of her, although Mum wants us to talk to each other. His mother, my abuela, loves my sister and I, even though she really doesn't know us. The only words I have ever heard from her [translated by Alberto] are that I am beautiful and that she is proud that I am her grandchild.

Alberto
Miguelito
Mum and Alberto on their wedding day [Oct 2, 2009]


The one person who doesn't fit into any of the sides [besides, of course, me] is my sister, Naomi. We rarely get along, and most of the time I wish she'd go live with Dad, but I think deep-down I love her. She's five years younger than me, a complete tomboy, rude, obnoxious, and bad mouthed, but she can be nice when she wants to and loves buying things for little kids. She's really in to video games. Right now her favorite is Mercenaries 2, although she'll play pretty much everything. Most of the time I forget she's the age she is and think of her as if she's younger, but it's hard to believe she's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment