Saturday, September 11, 2010

Summer



I have nothing to write about, so how about I tell you about my summer? Yes? Good.

After school let out, I went to Colossalcon, which is an amazing anime con in Sandusky. I went with Chrissy, who I think most of you know, and her sister. It's the best con I've been to, and probably the best con in Ohio. :) There were a lot of amazing cosplayers, which made me feel almost out of place because I didn't have a really good cosplay for that weekend D: [Fyi, cosplayers are people who dress up as anime/manga/video game characters.] I didn't get a lot of pictures because I was too busy admiring all the cosplays and the ginormous dealer's room :D But, I did get one of a particular set of adorable kid-cosplayers....


The day after I got home from Colossalcon, my family and I went to Greenville, Pennsylvania to visit my grandpa and uncle. Greenville is a tiny, middle of nowhere, has nothing really going for it kind of town, so there wasn't much to do. However, about 15 miles down the road is the Spillway. I don't know if any of you know what the Spillway is, but it's almost ridiculous. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's park of a large lake, and some pretty large fish live there. Those large fish conjugate in very large numbers around the railings of the dock-like area waiting for people to feed them. There are so many fish, the geese can literally walk across them without ever touching the water, earning the Spillway the slog "Where the birds walk on the fish." You'd have to see it to believe it. And those fish are vicious when it comes to their bread. I lured a bird from the line that had formed around the battling fish closer and closer to the fish with bread until a fish tried to eat its beak when it ducked for the bread. The poor thing lost the bread and flew back a bit, where I guiltily threw it a slice of bread. ^^;


After we got back from PA, my summer was pretty quiet with a few sleepovers until Eclipse came out. Mark and I got a group together and went to see it, and I must admit that it didn't suck as much as the other 2. After that day, I hung out with Mark and Chrissy nearly every day. :)

Occasionally, Laney and Chrissy would both come over, and we would have their [at that time in Laney's case] boyfriends come meet us and we'd go to the playground at West Franklin.




As I said, I saw Chrissy and Mark often, and a few times we went over to visit Mattykinz :)



Mark, Me, Jas, Brandi, Bre, Jade
In July Brandi had her birthday party. :)

Me, Mark, Bre



On July 30th, my dad called me at 6 am with terrible news. My great grandmother was in the hospital and they didn't expect her to make it. Family-wise, my mamaw Kirk was my favorite person. She knew more about me then the rest of my family [excepting immediate family] and I could always talk to her, even if I couldn't ever be specific. My dad picked my sister up, and my mom and I followed him to the hospital. Being there was one of the worst experiences of my life. My mamaw didn't look like herself at all, she was unconscious and was being held on by machines. No one was really crying except for me, even though they were all as sad as I, maybe even more so. It was unreal, and even now I have a hard time believing it happened. The funeral was a few days later, on August 3rd. My sister went with my dad and my mom went with me. This is the most interaction my mom has had with my dad's side of the family since the divorce, and it went surprisingly well, all things considering. Thank the gods for little kids. What got me through the funeral, and another of my great-grandparent's funeral last year was my youngest cousin, Donovan. I don't know what it is, but something about holding a little kid calms you down.
Me [age 5], Mamaw, my sister [less than 1]


July 31st, I went to WaterFire with Laura and Rachel, and spent the night with them at Laura's afterward. The fire on the water part didn't really interest me, but the fire dancers were amazing. Watching them renewed my goal to become a fire dancer. Not professional, just in my free time as a hobby like my photography. :) I want to start training as soon as possible, but I need a set of poi before I can and no one wants me to do it. D:



August 13th-15th was Matsuricon, another anime convention, only this one was held about a half hour away. My cousin drove from Kentucky to go with me and on day 1 we brought Laura and her friend Amanda, just Laura on day 2, and Mark on day 3. It was a lot of fun, even though it was pretty small. :)
Laura cosplaying as Pein
Pyramid Head cosplayer
Jareth the Goblin King cosplayer



August 24th I went to Uproar Festival with Laney and her sister. It was a lot of fun and we both got to see our favorite bands- Disturbed [Laney's] and Avenged Sevenfold [mine] :D We waited in lines for hours, but in the end it was all worth it :D And we got pretty good seats [we didn't pay extra for the mosh pit >.>] The only way it could have been better was if we could have met members of the bands :D




Just because school starts, doesn't mean summer ends. To me, summer ends the first Monday we go back to school because every year on the first weekend of school my friends in Grove City and I have a sleepover. :)
Presley
Me and Rachel with Erica in the background
Funsize
Presley and Laura


After that, we went back to school and summer ended. It was a great summer, my favorite so far. :D



Love,
Dei








1 comment:

  1. you can tell you worked really hard on this, it shows. i love all the pictures you have it really helps tell the story

    ReplyDelete