Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Books

Since everyone else is writing about books, why shouldn't I? :)

Alice in the Country of Hearts
This is, by far, my favorite manga. Yes, it is shojo [directed at girls], but I know some guys who like it. Recently, I finally got the 2nd volume to complete my series [thus far], and got my boyfriend, Shayne to read it and he can't put it down. :D
Alice in the Country of Hearts is based off a Japanese 'adventure' game called Heart no Kuni no Alice and is a remake of Alice in Wonderland. In this story, Alice is kidnapped by Peter White [the White Rabbit] and taken to the land of Heart and forced to drink a potion that traps her there. Shortly after, Peter leaves her there and she meets Julius Monrey, the clock fixer, and he explains the rules of the game in which she's now a part of, one of which being that she cannot leave until her empty potion vial is filled. The way to fill the vial is to interact with the people in that world. In an attempt to get home, she follows the rules and meets some very interesting people including Blood Dupre, the leader of the mafia known as the Hatters, Boris Airay, a punk Cheshire Cat, Vivaldi, the tempermental queen of Heart with a soft spot for cute things, Ace, the knight with a terrible sense of direction and wish to be something that he is not, and Nightmare, a sickly dream incubus who allowed Peter to bring her to Heart.
So far there are 5 volumes and the 6th's release has yet to be announced.




Borders- IS CLOSING.
Everything is on sale, from books to CDs to posters! I suggest you go there soon :D
I went there Friday and got the 2nd volume to Alice, The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice, a True Blood poster, and got Shayne a Halo ODST poster. The True Blood poster is  now proudly hanging close to my light switch, scaring my sister in the middle of the night :) She complained about my DaVinci Code poster before I got the True Blood one :) [Personally I think the Alice in Wonderland one is creepiest cause it's the Mad Hatter, but oh well]

2 comments:

  1. I'm not usually into manga, but that series sounds good! ;) I love the story of Alice and Wonderland, and its Tim Burton remake. And as for Borders...I heard about the one on Sawmill Road shutting down. It's kind of sad, really. It won't be long before Barnes & Noble completely shuts Borders/Waldenbooks down. *sigh* Oh, well, at least we still have our one at Tuttle. (Until B&N moves in, that is... O.o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one on Sawmill and the one on Kenny Road is; Actually, I think all of them are. But Barnes & Noble is awesome, so I don't REALLY mind... :D

    ReplyDelete