Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Should we eat insects?

No matter how many good points you can find for eating insects, I refuse to do it! I mean, I know that I "accidentally" eat bugs every day just by eating processed foods, but I don't actually see the bug or hear it crunch. I practically don't know it's there.

Eating insects may be healthier for the enviorment [since their waste doesn't give off as much greenhouse gases as cow manure], more abundant, and have "good quality meat," but there is NO way I'm going to actually eat them. O.O

At Hot Topic [and many other places] they sell insect candies. My friend, Laura, bought some seasoned crickets and a scorpion lollipop and ate them as we walked around the mall. It sickened me to see her eat the crickets, especially when she spat a leg that was stuck on her tongue at one of my other friends. I was okay with the scorpion lollipop, even trying it before she got to the scorpion part. Watching her bite the pincher was so unreal I again felt nauseuous.

I can never substitute insects for beef and pork.



No comments:

Post a Comment